Sometimes castor oil has a bad rep – the oil can be very thick and tough to manipulate. That aside, the benefits sure outweigh the cons!
Whether the pale yellow or dark brown kind, castor oil is mainly a favorite among our dark-skinned ladies. It doesn’t mean that other hair types cannot have a go with this particular oil. The rich nutrients in pure castor oil can nourish your hair in ways you haven’t experienced before. Most individuals use this oil for their skin, eyelashes, and eyebrows as well.
Before purchasing your castor oil, there are a couple of things you need to consider:
- Extraction process. Cold pressed oil does not involve heat and is what gives you the pale yellow kind of castor oil. Jamaican black castor oil consists of roasting the castor seeds before pressing them for oil, which provides it with the dark brown color. Hydrogenated castor oil includes nickel content and is insoluble; you can find it in polishes and varnishes mostly
- Purity. You know untainted products have a higher chance of benefiting you because they do not contain alcohols, fragrances, and other additives that may interfere with the essential Also, ensure your castor oil is organically approved and that the seeds didn’t need growth enhancers
- Quality. Virgin castor oil is of high quality. Some industries sell the ‘industrial’ type of castor oil that involves mixing of castor oils from different castor seed batches. Some industries also use chemicals like hexane to extract castor oil – avoid these since hexane may compromise your oil’s integrity
Best Castor Oil Products For You
The nutrients in Sky Organics USDA castor oils remain intact after cold pressing and using no chemicals in the process. If you have sensitive skin, you will love how this organic castor oil feels on your scalp and skin. The high antioxidant and vitamin E content will soothe your scalp, repair your strands and encourage stronger and thicker hair.
- Chemical- free
- You can use it on your skin and nails
- I had no problems with this product!
I consider Tropic Isle one of the most popular brands for castor oil in the hair-care industry. Not only does this oil moisturize your scalp and hair, but you can also use Tropic Isle to protect and treat your hair from the effects of harsh hair chemicals. Recommendations include adding it to your conditioner, massaging and letting it sit for half an hour before cleaning your hair.
- You can use it for your skin, eyebrows, and nails
- Less dandruff and more hair growth
- Quick positive change
- The smell may be slightly strong
This castor oil is cold-pressed and natural –no harmful chemicals included. Though the consistency is quite thick, I love that the bottle comes with an e-book and an applicator kit! You can use it for your scalp and hair as well as your skin, eyelashes, and eyebrows.
- Organic and hexane-free
- USDA certified
- The consistency may be tough to work with for some
Don’t limit the ways you choose to implement castor oil in your hair-care routine. Play around with the castor oil – mix it with other oils and use it in hot oil treatment. You can use warm water to wash it out if the consistency gets too sticky for you.